We consulted pupils, teachers, parents and the catering teams working in our schools and together we created the Palmer & Howells Promise. The following statements make up the promise that we commit to in all our schools:
• We actively encourage healthy food choices through nutritional messages.
• We use only lean, high quality meat that can be traced back to source.
• We cater sensitively for individual requirements including special diets and allergies.
• Our menus are checked and approved for nutritional content.
• Menus are created by the on-site team taking into consideration the school’s culture and locality.
• Local suppliers are used wherever possible and carefully selected for their high standards.
• We firmly believe in teamwork, employee development and continuous improvement.
• We respect our environment and are committed to reducing food waste.
• Our dining halls are sociable spaces offering service with a smile.
• We highlight and inform about the journey of food from field to fork.
If you are considering appointing or changing your contract caterer at your school or organisation, contact Kevin on 01454 652 252 or email Kevin@palmerhowells.co.uk for a confidential discussion about your requirements.
“Team development along with individual training plans, play a major part in the overall approach to continuous improvement and an open style of management.