1 month ago
Operations Manager, South East
We are looking for the perfect candidates to join our regional team as an Operations Manager, covering approximately ten prestigious Independent School contracts across the South East.
As Operations Manager you will have full financial and operational responsibility for your business and will be an integral member of the senior management team. The schools you will be responsible for will include day schools, boarding, preparatory and senior, so an in depth knowledge of the Independent Sector is a must for this role.
You will lead, manage and develop your teams to deliver the very best service for our clients, ensuring continuous improvement and innovation across your business.
The ideal candidate will have bags of personality and enthusiasm with a personable approach and a strong sense of self awareness.
Details of the position
- Predominantly Mon-fri but with weekends as required by the business.
- 40 hours per week (as required by the business)
- 52 weeks per year
- Circa £55 -£60K per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Laptop and phone
- The opportunity to work for an exciting and innovative company with a dynamic Senior Leadership team
- Meals provided whilst at work
- Life assurance
- Annual pay reviews
- Personal training and development plan
- Opportunities for progression within a growing company
- Operational and financial responsibility for circa 10 schools
- People management and development, including annual appraisals and succession planning.
- Implementation and monitoring of company standards and procedures
- Work alongside the Operations Director to grow and develop your area of business
- Client relationships and contract retention
- A genuine passion for food and customer service with a flair for presentation.
- A craft background or an exemplary knowledge of food, including current and upcoming high street and industry trends.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role, within Contract Catering which must include in depth knowledge of the Independent Education sector.
- The ability to form and maintain lasting relationships with our clients, anticipating their needs and delivering on expectations.
- Must have managed a patch of business of at least 10 schools, including both preparatory and senior schools within both day and boarding schools.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with the ability to prepare, manage and deliver on complex and varied budgets.
- A strong leader with experience of managing both senior and junior managers and teams from five to fifty people.
- Experience of mobilising new contracts.
At Palmer & Howells our passion for high standards, superb food, imaginative menus and accurate accounting is how we manage our business. With over twenty years’ experience managing catering in the independent education sector we are passionate about creating an environment that exceeds our customer and client expectations.
We expect all staff to share our commitment of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought by the company.